At 12:45a, Sunday morning, August 23, 2010, lightening struck my neighbors second story wall just about where it connects to my roof.
Yes, it did start a fire.
No, I was not burned out of my condo home.
Yes, the firemen drowned my attic area and then pulled the ceiling in to find any embers that survived the drowning.
Yes, my floors had become small Lakes.
No, I'm not living there. My Best Bud has given to me his second bedroom for as long as I need it. So far everyone is saying 2 to 2-1/2 months. I'll believe it when it happens.
My bird and cat both survived but the cat is traumatized to the point that if you reach for her be prepared to be bitten and scratched.
My lap-top seem to have not survived the static electricity that was with the lightening bolt. I'm using my Best Bud's lap-top to tap this out.
The Best Thing about all that happened was that NO people or animals were physically hurt or died.
More detailed report with pics to follow in a few days as I manage to get my bearings all in order and shoved out the door.
As I told Best Bud last night I wanted to update some of my condo but THIS IS NOT how I wanted to do it.
Yaw'll come on back and see what I be a doin....Ch'ear.
21 November 2017 - We survived. Over the three days of the 3 Day, the Spouse Thingy and I walked 54 of 60 miles. We found it necessary to cut a couple of miles off each day--...
2 days ago